While we do have your back and do everything to ensure you have the best experience possible, there's always the chance you many run into some not so nice people online. We cannot tell you not to talk to strangers but we urge you to keep your wits about you. And while you're at it take a look at some of our safety guidelines.
- Let us know: we want you to feel at home so if anyone does or says anything you find inappropriate let us know! That's what we're here for. We urge you to report such users: email@example.com. This is something we take very seriously and have a no-nonsense policy when it comes to abuse.
Take a firm stand:
- Discontinue chats that make you feel uncomfortable.
- If you get a message that is degrading, insulting, obnoxious, cruel or otherwise rude, don't answer and discontinue the conversation.
- Ignore any unwanted messages that you might receive through your AnybodyOutThere account.
- And most importantly, report any inappropriate behavior!
Use the tools we give you:
- Thumbs downs: Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. If a user was abusive or in any way inappropriate, give them a thumbs down rating.
- Block the user: This is a useful tool when users don't get the hint. If a user keeps pestering you take a stand. Block them! This should only be used as a last resort as it's quite extreme. Blocking a user means they won't be able to view your profile; sent you a message or chat request.
- Think before you share: Yes, we are family! But you still need to be careful; aware and think before you share personal information online. Avoid sharing your full name, address, contact numbers, workplace and any other personal information.
- Think before you take it offline: If you decide to meet with a user that you have met online on AnybodyOutThere, make sure to do it at a reasonable time of day in a public place.
- Don't be gullible: Do not believe everything you read online. Keep an open mind and a healthy dose of skepticism.
Don't forget our age-restriction:
- If you are younger than 13, you may only use AnybodyOutThere under adult supervision.
- If you are younger than 18 and feel that another user solicits sex, threatens you, or does anything else that worries you, tell your parents immediately. And be sure to report it to us!