THIS POLICY DOES NOT APPLY TO ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU MAY SUBMIT ON OUR SEARCH ENGINE ("What would you like to chat about?") WITH OUR SERVICE. ALL SUCH INFORMATION IS DEEMED TO BE PUBLIC INFOMRATION.
AT ANY EVENY YOU ARE ADVISED TO USE EXTREME CARE WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION ON OUR SERVICE SINCE YOU AND US HAVE NO CONTROL ON WHAT OTHER USERS WILL DO WITH THE INFORMATION YOU SUBMIT.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON YOUR CONTENT SUBMISSIONS PLEASE REFER TO OUR TERMS OF AND CONDITIONS AVAILABLE AT WWW.ANYBODYOUTTHERE.COM.
This Policy is an integral part of the Site's Terms and Conditions (the "Terms and Conditions").
- Information collected for Registration purposes:
In the course of registration to the Service, we will ask you to provide us with certain information that can be used to contact or identify you and administer your account, as well as enabling you to access certain parts of the Site and the Service ("Membership Information"). Such Membership Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, your address, your gender, your date of birth, your email address and such other related details. In an effort to maximize your privacy we currently only ask for your email address, nick name, date of birth and gender. Currently we are not interested in your name or geographical address. However, this may change in the future.
- E-mail Communications
AnybodyOutThere may send out e-mails with AnybodyOutThere-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from AnybodyOutThere, which inform you of actions (e.g. contact requests) that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please visit the Email Preferences section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- Information collected while accessing or using the Service:
When you access the Site or use the Service, we collect the following information:
- Log Data: Information that your computer and your browser sends whenever you visit a website or online service ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include, but is not limited to, type and information about your computer's operating system, your computer's Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, the languages supported by your browser, the type of your flash software if any, web page you were visiting before you came to the Site and information you search for on the Site;
- Use Information: Information regarding your use of the Service, including without limitation, Content (including for example , text, text messages, hyperlinks, meta-tags, files, graphics, logos, scripts, images, photographs, video, flash, music, sound recordings, lyrics, literary works, software programs) submitted (including during chat sessions) between you and other users of the Service, the timing of any interactions between you and other users, the number of chat sessions and the time you spend on our Service, topics which you like to chat about and your commonly used words or symbols ("Use Information");
- Widgets: When you use a widget or any other tool that may be offered by us, whether on the Service or on a third party website, including a website owned or operated by you, we may record data related to that activity, the deployment of the widget or tool and any other account related data;
- Cookies: Like many websites, we use "cookies" to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer's hard disk for record-keeping purposes. We use "persistent cookies" to save your username and login password for future logins to the Site. We use "session ID cookies" to enable certain features of the Service, to better understand how you interact with the Service and to monitor web traffic routing on the Site and aggregate usage of the Service. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the website you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of the Service.
- Invite a Friend: If you elect to use our referral service for informing a friend about our Service, we ask you for the friend's name and email address. We will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting him/her to visit the site. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
- Third Party Links: We may also present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed.
- How We Use Information:
Membership Information including in combination with Use Information, Log Data or other information is/are used by us or by our service providers for the following purposes: (i) to provide the Service, (ii) to administer your use of the Service and any accounts you may have with us, (iii) to personalize your experience, (iv) to provide to you service announcements, (v) to provide you with further information and offers from us or third parties that we believe you may find useful or interesting, such as newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and (vi) , (vii) to enforce our Terms and Conditions, and (viii) to conduct against you or to defend from any legal proceedings by you; (ix) to resolve any disputes between users of the Site or between such users and us.
We also use information (including for example Membership Information, Log Data and Use Information) in order to (i) monitor and analyze use of the Service and for the technical administration of the Site, (ii) improve the Site and the Service, (iii) generate and derive useful data and information including statistical data and analysis concerning the interests, characteristics and website use behavior of our users, (iv) verify that users of the Service meet the criteria required to process their requests; (v) sell, license or enable others to use aggregated data and information to third parties provided that aggregated information will not contain any information by which you may be directly identified.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Aggregate Information: We may share aggregated information, with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services, in the course of selling aggregated information services and products to third parties, and for other commercial purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain any information by which you may be directly identified.
Service Providers: We may employ third party companies, subcontractors and individuals to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on our behalf and to perform services related to administration of the Service or the Site (including, without limitation, bill and credit card payment processing, maintenance, hosting and database management services, web analytics and administration. These third parties may have access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and will be obligated to comply with this Policy.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement: We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect our or a third party's property and rights, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
Business Transfers: We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including among others your Membership information and Log Data, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of all or substantially all of our shares or assets, or in the event of our bankruptcy.
Feedback: We may publish any request or feedback that you submit through email or other feedback mechanisms, in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users of the Site.
- Our Policy Toward Children:
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from persons under the age of 13, or from persons between the ages of 13 and 18 years old without the consent of a parent or guardian. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that personally identifiable information has been collected in breach of this Section, we will delete such information from our files.
- Changing or Deleting Your Information:
We make good faith efforts so all of our registered users may review, update, correct or delete Membership Information submitted by them, if not required to be retained by law or for legitimate business reasons. If you completely delete all such Membership Information, your account may be deactivated. We may charge a reasonable fee for such services, and may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
In addition, we may delete any information provided by you or related to you, pursuant to our policies as then in effect.
We are concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ a variety of measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, we do not promise that your Membership Information or private communications will be protected from unauthorized disclosure or use.
If you receive an e-mail asking you to update your Personal Information, do not reply and please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International Processing or Transfer:
Your information is likely to be processed, maintained or transferred outside of your state or country, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
- Contacting Us:
If you have any concerns or questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
- A final word about your Content Submissions: