Online Press Kit
We're a conversation platform that helps you find like-minded people interested in talking about similar things. And, you can do this from wherever you may be on the web. Tell us what's on your mind and using our Natural Language Processing (NLP) algorithm we'll suggest the most suitable people for you to talk with. For more on who we are, see our About Us page.
AnybodyOutThere was founded in late 2009 by Daniel Sagis, Assaf Megidash, Saggi Malachi and Dudi Lasry. The product has gone through a series of beta releases and was soft launched on December 23, 2010. It is now available via Instant Messenger and through the site, www.anybodyouthere.com. In the coming months it will be available via browser add-ons and widgets.
- AnybodyOutThere is a new conversation platform, which makes it easier for you find other like-minded people interested in talking about similar things.
- AnybodyOutThere gives you the opportunity to reach out and chat with new people outside of your circle of friends unlike a social network.
- AnybodyOutThere's series of algorithms work to match you with people who meet your specific needs and preferences allowing you to make an informed choice about who to talk with.
- You can use AnybodyOutThere from anywhere you may be. This includes your preferred Instant Messenger (Yahoo, Gtalk, MSN Messenger, Windows Live Facebook, Twitter, etc...), browser add on and eventually via the AnybodyOutThere button.
- AnybodyOutThere's Natural Language Processing (NLP) algorithms process what you, as the user, want to talk about in a similar way to how the human mind processes language.
- Your posts are analyzed by our algorithms automatically tagging the content for all possible and relevant topics of discussion.
- AnybodyOutThere breaks down the language barrier with its simultaneous translation into 54 languages using Google Translate.
- You don't need to sign up to use AnybodyOutThere.
This is chat unlike you've ever experienced it before. We're here to reclaim chat; to give it a new meaning. We're here to tell you to forget all you know about chat because there's a new way to talk.
We aim to:
Find you people to chat with who share your interests
It's all about you and your interests. We want the AnybodyOutThere experience to be one you can relate to. Our focus is on finding you the most suitable people, who share your interests, to chat with.
Understand what makes you tick
We understand that not everyone is alike and it's foolish to think that one size fits all. People have different interests and preferences. That's why we aim to tailor our content to suit individual needs by getting to know you and what it is that makes you tick.
We want you to be able to enjoy our technology from wherever you may be without having to be on our site. Our aim is to be everywhere in the form of browser add-ons, widgets and via all the major Instant Messengers. We're committed to bringing the AnybodyOutThere experience to you wherever on the web you may be.
What we add that's different
We provide a new and improved user experience where your thoughts or questions determine the kind of people you talk with. This is made possible by our Natural Language Processing algorithms which find you users to talk with who are interested in talking about the same topic. You can therefore look forward to conversations with like-minded people and a more personalized user experience where we try and get to know you.
We are not a social network. You don't need friends to use our platform nor does its effectiveness rely on you accepting friend requests. With our site, all you have to do is tell us what's on your mind and we'll recommend people you should be talking with.
An important difference between us and social networks like Twitter and Facebook is that with these platforms the user experience ends with posting something. But with us, it's with the posting of that thought or question that user's experience begins. But don't take our word for it, see for yourself.
"AnybodyOutThere reminds it's a big world that actually has good people in it. Thank you"
"AnybodyOutThere is a great site and I will be here as long as it is"
"Just to say I would like to compliment you all at AOT for this site. I have met some really good contacts and have found that the world is really a small place after all. Keep up the good work"
- 03-09-11 - Young UpStarts: AnybodyOutThere.com Helps You Find Someone Out There To Chat With
- 03-08-11 - The Social Times: Israeli Chat Startup Lets You Ask The World A Question
- 03-02-11 - InventorSpot: Social Media Chats About Specific Topics, In Search Of A Critical Mass
- 03-01-11 - InventorSpot: Israel, The Silicon Valley Of The Middle East Welcomes VCs & Social Media
- 03-01-11 - ampercent: Chat Or Discuss With Like Minded People On AnyBodyOutThere.com
- 02-22-11 – Boot Camp: On Topic Online Chat: AnybodyOutThere.com. CEO Daniel Sagis
- 02-21-11 - Hey! Episode #63: Daniel Sagis, CEO of AnybodyOutThere.com - the antidote to Chatroulette
- 02-19-11 – TechTalkRadio: We'll be joined by Daniel Sagis CEO of the new anybodyoutthere.com, a way to connect with like minded people for chat.
- 02-18-11 - TrendHunter: Social Media Conversation Starters Chat With Like-Minded Individuals With AnybodyOutThere
- 02-16-11 - wwwhat's new: anybodyoutthere - Un chat temático para aprender sobre los más diversos temas
- 02-13-11 - Feedmyapp: AnybodyOutThere: Chat about everything
- 02-12-11 - TechBeast
- 02-10-11 - CommandN #236 WebPICKS
- 02-05-11 - Computer and Technology Radio: Anybodyouthere chat application and Top CES picks (MP3)
- 02-06-11 - WebBeat.TV: Episode #60: Website of the Day: Anybody Out There
- 02-05-11 - Into Tomorrow with Dave Graveline: Interview with AnybodyOutThere CEO Daniel Sagis
- 02-01-11 - THE NEXT WEB: AnybodyOutThere? is the smarter, PG version of Chatroulette
- 01-26-11 - The Mario Armstrong Show on XM ch. 169, The Power: Interview with AnybodyOutThere CEO
- 01-25-11 - Soshable: 5-Minutes with Your Startup: AnybodyOutThere.com
- 11-11-10 - MakeUseOf.com: 5 Reasons To Chat On AnybodyOutThere
Some possible story ideas:
- Is there anybody out there? A question we've all had the occasion to ask when intimidated by the shear vastness of the net and our increasing desire to quickly find like-minded people of similar interests to chat with.
- What comes to mind when you think about online chat? How AnybodyOutThere is turning the entire concept of chat on its head.
- The history of chat. Where the word "chat" originated. How it developed. What we associate with it. How it's developing today.
Sign up link
Daniel Sagis, CEO
E-mail: daniel [at] anybodyoutthere . com