Every house needs some rules and these are ours. Just some simple dos and don'ts to make sure everyone feels at home :)
- Do talk: We want to hear what's on your mind. That's what we're here for. You only have 110 characters, but Talk, Talk and then Talk some more.
- Do comment: This is your home, so make yourself feel welcome but don't forget to respect the other people you're sharing this space with.
- Do upload a profile picture: This is a great way to introduce yourself to the rest of the AnybodyOutThere community. Oh but be sure to keep it above the belt. There's no need to scare away the kids :P
- Do make yourself at home: Pull up a chair. Put your feet up. You're home. And if you think of anything that will make your stay more comfortable, be sure to let us know.
- Do say hi to the newbies: It's not like we're asking you to make take them for coffee. A simple hi and if you have the time maybe you could show them around. Remember you're sharing this space with them so you might as well make some effort.
- Do leave your mark: You are the community. You are the ones that make this space what it is. We give you the tools and it's up to you to use them. And you can start by flagging inappropriate content and users. To keep the good vibes, you can also give thumbs up rating to users who add the community.
- Don't say anything you wouldn't want your mom to hear: We can't wash your mouth out with soap for all those naughty words you use. All we can do is ask nicely: keep it clean. And perhaps have a peek at the kind of behavior that could see you sent to the naughty corner.
- Don't be bullied: If someone is picking on you, tell us. This is no one's turf. Everyone has a place here and we want you to feel that you belong. And if reporting a user feels too much like tattletaling, you can take matters into your own hands by blocking the user. You'll find the block option in the user's profile.
- Don't bug others: We want this to be a home to everyone. Please respect that. No one likes dealing with a domestic squabble. So play nice! And please, no ganging up against others. This is not high school.
- Don't be a troll: It's not cool. No one likes it. And it won't win you any popularity points or make you seem more attractive. We want people to respect the peace. Now this doesn't mean you can't speak your mind. Just try avoid inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic comments and posts that only add aggravation than insight.
- Don't litter this space with spam and promotional urls: Remember it's not just you that uses it. And we don't want to have to clean up after you.
That's enough preaching from us. You get the point, we hope. Welcome to our home. Welcome, you're now part of the AnybodyOutThere family. And if you have any suggestions or you just want to say hi, feel free to get in touch. We love hearing what you have to say. See you around! :)